Saturday, April 30, 2011

Koing out with friends

It was long since I went for a movie. Maybe I think one or two months. The exams were also over and we decided to go for the much awaited Ko, that had one of our own Assistant Professors from our college writing two songs for the movie. The initial plan was for Thursday but due to some technical difficulties the plan was shifted to Friday. I had asked a few of my friends, Sudarsanan, AV, and Raj, and booked the tickets the previous night. When i opened Satyam’s official website for booking, it had three options like Elite, Premium and Economy. It was sad that I had only economy class was left. How ever it was not one the “economical” classes literally. The prices were Elite-120, Premium-115 and Economy-110 and booking charge Rs.10. So we had booked the 5th or 6th row from the screen, but at the rate of the last seat in a balcony. And i was thinking what could I do with that economically saved 10 rupees of the four of us, and found that the smallest popcorn pack cost Rs.50. These are already-known facts, nothing much to stress on it. Coming to the film, Ko was not one of those normal tamil films, it had everything from comedy to political issues to social messages to some good photography, but for the fact that it had a few unnecessary songs. Many, not all tamil films would be so good without a few songs. The show started at 3:00 PM and ended at 6:10 PM.

This was the time the adventure began, my friend AV had already booked tickets for “Limitless”, an English film at the PVR cinemas. Since he did not know the exact route, I had to take him there before the movie’s time 7:30 PM. We started running out of the theatre as soon as the film got over. As usual Sudarsanan and so raj were walking slowly behind. Saying a bye to them, we started moving faster outside the theatre, AV was asking me directions and I was just pointing to a side and he ran there within a few seconds and I had a hard time following him until we reached the thousand lights bus stand in almost less than 3 minutes, alongside the tempting Hotel Saravana Bhavan. We had two choices of buses, on bus stand was at where we were standing and the other was some 100 metres away after walking some distance straight, and then taking a left and walking more 50 metres. There was a bus heading towards us. Expecting it to stop, me and Av were eagerly waiting for it, until the bus cheated us and kept on moving forward, Oh! Darn, the next stop after a hundred metres was its actual bus stop. As I was before Av I started running towards the bus thinking that he was following me, but I was wrong, he had already overtook me when I was thinking this. I tried very hard to catch up with him I could not. The I started jogging, waving hands to my friend saying Bye man you leave,  but it was my luck that the bus was standing and people still boarding until I jogged till the bus, and finally got some space to stand in the footboard and for some fresh air atleast. Then we took tickets to Valluvar Kottam, but the bus did not have a stop there. So, we were waiting in the footboard and thank god the bus stopped in the signal at Valluvar Kottam. Getting down in the signal and running across the roads when there was just 7 seconds left for the green signal, and finally we reached the bus stand, where we got a sight of few share autos that reach my home via Skywalk, so that it would benefit both of us. We got into the share auto completely sweating,exhausted,wanting for some liquids, and in not more than half an hour we reached Ampa Skywalk. Me too decided to get in as there was almost 40 minutes for his show to start. Then we went to McDonalds and had some coke to compensate the running race we had in Mount road. But AV’s run was awesome covering almost some 50 metres in 2-3 seconds and the whole road watching him. Then, we had dinner, and I left home and AV went to the movie with Sriraam and Sunil.

Advice to AV’s friends: Next time when you go out with him and when you’re late for a movie, you might need a bike to cope up with him. Winking smile

4 comments:

  1. "As usual Sudarsanan and so raj " - Ultimate like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. rofl.... yea.. oru 2 secs nadanthuttu thirumbi paatha avigala kaanom

    ReplyDelete
  3. we girls saw u and av running on road yday around 6.40 or so....

    ReplyDelete