Thursday, May 5, 2011

Last two Days of College

May 3rd 2011, It was the official last day of college, atleast for me along with a bunch of us, the day my final project review was over, although we got ultimately screwed by the external examiner, our sir told us we did a good job(he din sound sarcastic). The review was supposed to start at 9:00 AM, but the external arrived at 10:00 AM and we were the second team in the queue, on the first day of the review. Our review took nearly half an hour, and we were outside the room, never mind what happened inside. We have successfully completed our most feared Final Year Project without even doing half the work our fellow-teams did. It was then we had lunch and then I waited for my friends to finish their review and come outside. Then we had these No due formalities of getting signatures from almost 20 of our college buildings with a “No Dues” seal. This took almost three days to finish all the places. The evening I went to hostel and played a few matches of FIFA with my friends. It was that evening that we decided to goto Thor 3D(Now I know it was a wrong decision) night show at 9:30 PM. We reached Murugan Idli Shop in Tnagar, went to the buffet hall. The buffet cost was Rs.125 (Sriraam’s treat), it was a decent one, we had unlimited dosas, unlimited idlis, vadas, unlimited pongal, sakkara pongal in that buffet, and a final touch of either one jiguruthanda, coffee or milk. Try this place once. We had already booked tickets online at the pvr cinemas and we reached there half an hour before the show. I called up ma mom and said that I’m here for a film, she did’nt react much. After a few minutes I got a call from my dad with a little bit of scolding for going for a night show, that too without informing earlier. Thank god I left my laptop at the hostel, else ma dad would’ve asked me to come home without going to the film :p. The film was not much of interest and I slept at some points of the film. It got over at almost 11:50 PM. Then we went on into some caves searching for the parked car and found it ultimately, then Sunil drove it down seven floors into the dark caves. After a few miles, towards our college, it was my turn that time, I started driving and deliberately taking sharp turns, scaring the people sitting behind, we reached the college in some 20 minutes. After a 5 minute chat with the watchman he finally let us in and we parked the car in the main parking and walked to the hostel and on the way we tried to enter the ATM to get some fresh AC. We were not even able to open the door because already some eleven of our college students were lying down inside for AC :P. Then we reached the hostel and it was time for some sleep atlast. The next day I woke up at 1030 AM and finished a few more of the No due formalities and applied for a course completion certificate in the department and left for a group photo session to the gallery. Probably this was the last time I can see all my classmates and other batchmates for the last time together.

photo

It felt really good seeing them all together, once for the last time. We were already exhausted of not having breakfast and also walking throughout the college for the no due formalities, now it was the time to walk into the canteen to have lunch. We had lunch and then went to the department to get the Course completion  certificate by 3 PM and my friends got it but somehow they missed writing my name in the certificates. So I had to wait till 430 PM to get my certificate as the HOD was missing till that time. We had already returned the smart card(My college ID :( ) and then got the Alumni application forms and also written account numbers for caution deposit refunds. Then in the last minute when the office was to be closed we finished all the forms and one of the staff working there helped us with taking the xerox copies of our certificates as the xerox in our campus was closed. Then I returned home, starting from college at 6 PM. Maybe that was the last time I’m returning home from college in the evening. Friends!! Hoping to see you all soon. Missing college plus friends a lot.  :( :( :(

No comments:

Post a Comment